Business process reengineering is a management approach aimed at making radical improvements by means of increasing the effectiveness of the processes that exist within and across organizations. The key is for businesses to look at their business processes from a ‘clean slate’ perspective and determine how they can best construct these processes to improve how they conduct business. It includes affecting change within in an organization in a major way, so ideally it will look at all aspects of the business. It often includes implementing new technology, but it will always include organizational change and often fosters the need for a new organizational design.
||LEADERSHIP FOR CHANGE AGENTS
Advanced Strategies uses business process modeling ( with data flow diagramming) to describe, analyze, and document current business processes. We create with the business users an intuitive, non-technical model representing their perspective of how the business is conducted. Then a staged approach is taken to strip the model down to the bare essential processes to help the users ‘let go’ of
legacy practices and brainstorm and research for new opportunities and methods. The process model is then rebuilt to represent a desired, future state.
To affect the Organizational change, a five step approach is used to specify the business strategy and vision, identify the work needed to achieve the vision, configure the work into organization roles, develop the design, and plan the transformation. This methodology works whether re-designing an existing organization or building a brand new one.
The goal of Advanced Strategies’ Leadership for Change Agents Course is to equip each student to be able to lead successful changes: moving an organization from the status quo to a desired new way of doing things.
Students of this course will return to work with frameworks and techniques enabling them to better:
- Articulate and explain their vision of the desired future world
- Establish the appropriate strategies for effective change given their situation
- Gain recruits/allies/supporters in pursuit of this vision
- Secure funding for their agenda
- Understand the many risks and opportunities for bringing change to organizations that are historically opposed to or slow to change
This course is highly customized depending on the needs of the students. Sample topics are listed in the outline below:
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for anyone charged with effecting change. These techniques are designed to be scaleable from small evolutionary changes within one department to large revolutionary changes across organizations.
This class can be taught via either of two formats as described below:
- Training Class Format – designed for a group of students who are change agents on different efforts. The students are taught a framework and techniques for effecting successful change. They leave prepared to apply these tools to their situation.
- Workshop Format – designed for a team working on the same change effort. Change techniques and frameworks are presented and then interactively applied to the team’s specific situation. Students leave with both knowledge of the techniques and customized live work for their immediate effort.
Three to Five Days
Request It Now!