Business process reengineering is a management approach aimed at making radical improvements by means of increasing the effectiveness of the processes that exist within and across organizations. The key is for businesses to look at their business processes from a ‘clean slate’ perspective and determine how they can best construct these processes to improve how they conduct business. It includes affecting change within in an organization in a major way, so ideally it will look at all aspects of the business. It often includes implementing new technology, but it will always include organizational change and often fosters the need for a new organizational design.
||FACILITATING TO-BE PROCESS MODELS
Advanced Strategies uses business process modeling ( with data flow diagramming) to describe, analyze, and document current business processes. We create with the business users an intuitive, non-technical model representing their perspective of how the business is conducted. Then a staged approach is taken to strip the model down to the bare essential processes to help the users ‘let go’ of
legacy practices and brainstorm and research for new opportunities and methods. The process model is then rebuilt to represent a desired, future state.
To affect the Organizational change, a five step approach is used to specify the business strategy and vision, identify the work needed to achieve the vision, configure the work into organization roles, develop the design, and plan the transformation. This methodology works whether re-designing an existing organization or building a brand new one.
This two-day course will have you on your feet facilitating real-time process solutions. Students will rotate roles of facilitator, subject matter expert and recording analyst in several mini sessions that simulate business improvement process analysis. You will return to work with the skills to
- Plan, prepare and facilitate moderately complex process analysis sessions.
- Use a structured approach to optimize the use of participants’ time.
- Ensure that sessions speak the language of business.
- Achieve buy-in from diverse, conflicting and political perspectives.
- Discover and model the business user’s view of desired future processes in real time.
A structured and intellectually manageable approach to process analysis is required to ensure that new processes appropriately leverage the past, capitalize on new opportunities, and are optimized for the desired business results. Advanced Strategies’ staged approach to process analysis utilizes the following steps:
- The business users’ views of their current processes are documented.
- Unnecessary and redundant activities are removed.
- The mechanics of “how” the processes are performed are stripped away.
- If appropriate, historical features and policy constraints are eliminated.
- New essential business processes are added.
- Policies are examined and reapplied.
- The buiness users and other subject matter experts provide input to achieve optimization of the processes.
- The analyst updates the model with new processes and required data to reflect the business users’ input.
- A facilitated review of the new model, with candidate optimized processes, is conducted; the process is iterated until reaching a desired future state.
Students will return to work with the faciltation skills to lead brainstorming and validation sessions using a structured approach for reaching agreement on optimized “To-Be” models for how business processes should operate.
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for Business Analysts and others involved
in analysis and design who will be facilitating future state “To-Be” sessions with business users.
Request It Now!