||DEVELOPING AND DELIVERING ADULT TRAINING COURSES
Subject Overview: A common sense, disciplined approach to developing successful training.
Students will return to work:
- With a structured methodology for developing training courses.
- Prepared to: define course goals and objectives; analyze students and content; and design messages and materials.
- With a problem-solving based approach to creating:
- Logical and technical course content.
- The emotional elements required for attention, motivation and buy-in.
- Activities for enabling dexterity and providing insight.
- With live case-study materials to apply on the job.
| Overview of the Course Development Process
- A Path to a Solution
- Analysis vs. Design
| Defining a Course
| Analyzing Students
- Audience Analysis
- Learning Styles
- Intellectual Readiness
- Emotional Readiness
- Depth vs. Breadth
| Mastering the Material
| Specifying the Content
- Awareness vs. Performance vs. Proficiency
- Operant Objectives by Perspective
| Course Design
- Determining the Paradigm
- Developing the Story
- Drafting the Outline
- Identifying the Media
- Finalizing the Messages
| Creating the Outline
- Logical Material
- Emotional Material
- Insight Material
- Dexterity Material
| Physical Design
- Determine Course Organization
- Identify the Media/Strategy for Each Message
- Develop the Spirals
| Tailoring Adult Learning
- The Importance of Stories
- The Role of Framework
- The Spiral Approach
- Hear, See, Do, Discover
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for anyone assigned to develop and deliver training in their area of functional expertise.
Request It Now!
Student Workbook, Exercises, and Live Case Study
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.