All aspects of a business exist at locations. Location analysis is a technique for discovering, assessing and specifying the optimal placement of an organization’s people, information, activities, and materials. Location models are key in performing location analysis by providing a well-documented common vision of current and desired location arrangements.
||BUSINESS LOCATION MODELING
Location analysis is often overlooked when redeveloping business processes or creating and implementing new applications.
Yet, location analysis has proven to be very useful in determining:
- How locations can best serve customers.
- If and when processes, objects, and/or people should be relocated.
- Natural implementation breaks (based on location) to minimize interface costs.
- How to better transport data, materials, and other content.
- How optimizing around locations can enhance customer service and response time
Course Outcomes: Students of Advanced Strategies’ Business Location Modeling will return to work:
- Recognizing the importance of analyzing locations for successful projects.
- Able to read and use location models.
- Able to produce moderately complex location models.
|Review of Analysis & Modeling Concepts
- Business Aspects
- Analysis vs. Design
- Types of Facts
- Key Premises
|Fundamentals of Business Location Modeling
- Geographic Areas
- Mobile Sites
- Enterprise, Customer, and Vendor Sites
- Ensuring Desired Business Results Drive the Analysis
|Creating Location Models
- Diagram Notation
- Supporting Text
- Alternatives to Sketches
- Questions to Drive the Analysis
|Unique Location Characteristics
- Time Zones
- Geographic Factors
- Cultural Factors
- Legal Factors
- Transmission Quality Requirements
- Improvement Opportunities
- Symptoms of Trouble
- Specific Ways to Improve
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for Business Analysts, as well as other individuals involved in analysis and design.
Business Event Modeling
Business Process Analysis - Optimizing the "To-Be"
Request It Now!
Student Workbook and/or Turn Around Document of the Class
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.