Project Management is:
||PROJECT MANAGEMENT: A FRAMEWORK FOR TODAY’S ENVIRONMENT
- The Marshalling of Resources – including one or more individuals
- To produce a specified set of Results
- Within a definite Time-Span.
To be successful, today’s Project Manager/Leader must be able to:
This course presents a framework for accomplishing these tasks. By defining the various aspects of Project Management students are able to effectively focus on their specific problems/needs and difficulties within their organization.
- Lead People
- Manage Resources
- Manage the Process
- Manage the Product
- Handle the Problems
In addition, for many Project Managers who have “learned on the job”, this framework allows them to organize their skills and experiences so they can leverage them where appropriate.
Students of Advanced Strategies’ Project Management Framework Course will return to work:
- With a common vocabulary, framework and understanding of the various aspects of today’s Project Manager’s role.
- Focused on specific Project Management areas for improvement
- Able to apply selected concepts and techniques learned in the class to their projects.
- For less experienced Project Managers: With a solid foundation upon which effective Project Management skills may be built through experience and training.
|Today’s Project Environment
- Rise of Knowledge Workers
- Increased Complexity
- Increased Speed
- Erosion of Authority
- Dependence on Collaboration
|Overview of the Project Management Process
- Effort Definitions
- What Characterizes a Project?
- Aspects of a Project
- Aspects of the Project Management – Vehicle
|Importance of Project Leadership
- Establishing a Voluntary Following
- Establishing a Vision
- Focus on Results
- Effective Self Management
|Establishing a Project
- Project Definition
- Project Planning
- Securing Resources
- Organizing Resources
- Project Promotion
|Conducting a Project
- Directing a Project
- Coordinating Efforts
- Overseeing the Project
- Worry Management
- Project Administration
|Wrapping-Up a Project
- Project Vehicle Quality Assurance
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for anyone leading projects. The course may be tailored for: (1) new Project Managers, (2) experienced Project Managers who have learned on the job and are looking to formalize their approaches, or (3) Project Teams looking for ways to improve their work load and probability of delivering successful projects.
Request It Now!
Student Course Book
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.