Organizational Configuration is how to best map the available resources to the necessary work. However, in developing an organizational structure, it is not enough to merely align the resources to the work to be done. You must create an environment where people will likely be successful. Socio-political analysis allows us to look at the “people” factors that impact success.
||OVERVIEW OF SOCIO-POLITICAL SKETCHES
Socio-political factors that can be examined include culture, attitudes, values, reward systems, people interaction, and politics. For projects that require change to an organization, failure to address any of these factors may push people to revert to the “old way” of doing things.
Students of Advanced Strategies’ Overview of Socio-Political Sketches Course will return to work:
- Recognizing, the importance of analyzing the socio-political thread for successful projects.
- Able to read and use socio-political sketches.
- Understanding, at an overview level, a process for doing organizational design.
- What is Organizational Configuration (Design)
- How to Build Configurations
- Business Aspects
- Why Formal Analysis is Required
- Analyzing Culture and Values
- Reward Systems - Formal vs. Informal
- Political Characteristics
- Costs/Benefits of Socio-Political Analysis
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted for Systems and Business Analysts, as well as other individuals involved in analysis and design.
Business Event Modeling
Business Process Analysis - Optimizing the "To-Be"
Request It Now!
Student Workbook and/or Turn Around Document of the Class
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.